If your MS Word document becomes corrupt, follow these steps to fix it.
- Open the document in Microsoft Word.
- Cut and paste the images to a new file.
WARNING: DON’T SAVE THE FILE YET!
- In Word, select File, Save As HTML.Name the file with an HTML extension, e.g. Proposal.html and then Exit Word.
- Re-open Word.
- Select File, Open and open the Document.html file.
- Save the file using File, Save As.
In other words, save the Document.html with a .docx extension.
TIP: This process of converting the Microsoft Word file into HTML and back into Word, removes unnecessary (usually corrupt) code in the file and will significantly reduce the file size.
- Insert the images back into the document.
The reason you don’t save the file at Step 2 is because this would trigger Word into action (e.g. I WILL now save this file etc) and as it.