Here are three ways to insert currency symbols in Microsoft Word: the Symbol dialog box, Alt codes, and shortcut keys.
Video: How to Add Currency Symbols in MS Word (Tutorial)
Insert Euro, Pound, and Cent Signs from the Symbol Dialog Box
Follow these steps:
- Place your cursor where the symbol should appear.
- Select the Insert
- Select Symbol and then More Symbols.
- Select the Symbols tab in the Symbol
Insert a Euro Sign
- Select Currency Symbols in the Subset drop-down menu.
- Choose the euro sign and then select Insert.
Insert a Pound or Cent Sign
- Select Latin-1 Supplement in the Subset drop-down menu.
- Choose the pound or cent sign and then select Insert.
Insert Euro, Pound, and Cent Signs Using Alt Codes
If you have a numeric keypad, use Alt codes to insert currency symbols
Place your cursor where the symbol needs to appear, then hold down the Alt key as you type the sign’s four-digit code:
Euro (€): 0128
Pound (£): 0163
Cent (¢): 0162
Insert Euro, Pound, and Cent Signs Using Shortcut Keys
You can also use preset shortcut keys to insert different symbols including the euro and cent.
Place your cursor where the symbol needs to appear, then press the appropriate keyboard sequence:
Euro (€): Alt + Ctrl + E
Cent (¢): Ctrl + / + C