In Word, you can restart the page numbering on any page. This is useful if you add a section and Word restarts the page numbering at 1, instead of continuing with the correct page numbering.
Video: Restart Page Numbering in Word
In the following video, we show how to update the page numbering in MS Word.
Steps to Restart Page Numbering in Word
- Click on the page where you want to restart page numbering.
- In the Page Layout tab, click the Breaks command.
- Select Next Page from the drop-down menu.
- This adds a section break to the document.
- Double-click the header or footer that contains the page number you want to restart.
- Click the Page Number command. In the menu that appears, select Format Page Numbers.
- Click Start at. By default, it starts at 1. If you want, change the number.
- Click OK.