How do you fix the line spacing in the Table of Contents?
If the line spacing is a bit narrow, it can make the text look cramped and feel hard to read. You can fix this by increasing the line spacing, that is, the distance above and below each of the entries in the table of contents.
In this example, we set the line spacing to 6 points and 3 points.
To fix the line spacing in the Table of Contents, follow these steps:
- Click in the Table of Contents.
- Click on either a H1, H2, or H3 heading, whichever you want to change. In the following video, we change the H2 heading.
- Open the Style menu. The shortcut is: ALT + CTRL + Shift + S. Your mouse should be automatically focused on the TOC 2 entry. If not, please select it.
- Right click on TOC 2 and select Modify Style. This is where you will change the line spacing.
- Adjust the line spacing to meet your requirements. For example, 6pts and 3pts.
- Click Ok, Ok again, then click off the actual table of contents.
The line spacing should now be updated so that the page is easier to read.
Let me know how you get on.