Why aren’t you using video to create more content?
I took this video when heading to a museum in a Beijing taxi. It won’t win any academy awards but it has a certain charm.
For me, shooting videos just makes sense. You can always find five minutes to flip open your phone and press Record.
You can create more content for your blog – and generate more business if you work in batches.
Instead of creating videos, or writing blog posts, one by one, do them in batches. Organize your workspace so that you can process several videos/posts at the same time.
Videos and blog posts don’t have to be long -3 minutes is the ideal length – but they have to be useful to the reader or viewer.
How to make your videos more interesting?
- Talk about a current issue that the reader can relate to and that you helped solve. Keep it simple. Don’t crow. Don’t take all the credit.
- Discuss some common problem/business situation that arises every day and show how it can be fixed, reduced or mitigated against.
- Provide an observation that encourages the reader to make a comment. Ever been to London, here’s something I didn’t know about using mobile phones here
- Ask for help. Ask the reader what they think about a business or technical problem you’re having.
- Challenge the reader. Ask them if they agree with you?
- Provide useful information. No-one wants to hear you ramble. Share something that helps that other person with their business.
- Specialize in an area. Keep your blog under control. Focus on a few key topics and keep drilling down into these areas. Go narrow, not wide.
What do you think?