Feel like a Visio shapeshifter? In this Visio tutorial, we show you how convert several shapes into a single shape, and also make sure the parts can’t be changed?
Visio – How to Merge Multiple Shapes into Single Shape
There are two steps:
- Protect the components.
- Protect the group.
Step 1: Protect the components:
- Group the shape.
- Select the group.
- Right-click, Format, Behavior, Selection, Group only.
This protects the components, but does not protect the group from ungrouping, reshaping, or deleting.
Step 2: Protect the group
To fix this, we need to protect the group. Here’s how.
- Right-click, Format, Protection.
- Click All to check boxes.
- Uncheck X, Y, & From
- Select your grouped shape.
- Right-click, then select Show Shapesheet.
- Scroll down to Group Properties
- Click DontMoveChildren and select TRUE.