You can use this Implementation Plan template (29 pages MS Word) to describe how to deploy, install and transition software or hardware systems. You can edit this Implementation Plan to document the major tasks, resources, such as hardware, software, facilities, materials, and personnel, required to implement a new software or hardware system.
Use this Implementation Plan to define:
- Goals – identify the high-level goals for this project and critical success factors.
- Security – identify security requirements which must be addressed before and after the implementation.
- Roles & Responsibilities – outline the key individuals involved in different phases of this activity. The more detail you provide here, the less misunderstandings or assumptions will arise when the project starts.
- Tasks – describe the different tasks which must be accomplished to implement the new system.
- Schedule – describe the schedule and/or sequence in which tasks which must be performed.
- Resources – identify the software, hardware, equipment and other resources you need to perform these tasks. This will help the Project Manager estimate the cost of the project.
- Requirements by Site – describe the different requirements for each site. In large projects, you may need to identify different tasks for different sites and schedule these accordingly.