Use these Concept Proposal templates to create the first documents in the Software Development Life Cycle.
The Concept Proposal identifies the need or opportunity to improve a business function by highlighting where strategic goals are not being met or performance can be improved. The Concept Proposal should demonstrate that this is a worthwhile investment and identify potential impacts on systems, staff, and operations. This document forms part of the Initiation Phase.
Use this template to:
- Persuade stakeholders to invest in the proposed solution
- Highlight where strategic goals can be realized
- Justify why this proposal should be endorsed
- Explain the rationale behind the nominated products/services
- Show how the proposal aligns with the Strategic Plan
Here’s are seven steps to help you build your Concept Proposal.
- Context – Discuss the business drivers that triggered this document.
- Investment – Identify the type, timing and source of investment required for this proposal.
- Impact – Describe the potential impact the proposed solution may have on a technical, operations, and human resource level.
- Needs – Highlight the appetite that exists for the proposed solution. Identify who requested the solution and what they have to gain from its implementation.
- Performance – Identify specific areas where performance does not meet expectations.
- Resources – Identify the sum total number of resources needed for the project, broken out by phase.
- Strategy – Describe strategic and operational benefits. Show how benefits are linked to key objectives.
Concept Proposal Template (MS Word): Blue Theme
Resource requirements chapter and Resource Loading matrix
In this chapter, we describe the Impacts and Outcomes
Concept Proposal Template (MS Word): Red Theme
The red theme version of the Concept of Operations template
Chapter 1, Introduction
Chapter 2, Strategic Alignment
Chapter 3, Investment and Costs
Chapter 4, Resource Requirements
Chapter 5, Impact and Outcomes
Concept Proposal Excel Spreadsheets
Performance Indicators excel spreadsheet
Responsibility Matrix Excel spreadsheet
Table of Contents
2 Strategic Alignment
2.2 Current Setup
2.3 Performance Measures
3 Investment and Costs
3.1 Description of Investment
3.2 Investment Support
3.3 Cost Estimates
4 Resource Requirements
4.1 Resource Identification
4.2 Resource Loading Chart
5 Impact & Outcomes
What’s included in the template pack
The templates are in Microsoft Word and Excel and can be downloaded online for only $4.99.
The template pack includes the following documents:
|2 x Concept Proposal templates||10 pages each|
|Performance Indicators||1 x worksheet|
|Responsibility Matrix||1 x worksheet|
File Format: The templates are in Microsoft Word (.docx) and Microsoft Excel (.xlsx) format.
Opening the Files: You don’t need any special software to unzip the files. To unzip the files, right click on it, then select Extract, and save it to your computer.
Getting Started: Depending on your MS Office settings, the files may say Read Only when you open them. If this occurs, click File, Save As and save the files. There are no security settings on any of the files.
Images: All of the images in the templates are copyright free.
60-day Money-Back Guarantee
Secure Online Order Form
- How does the order process work?
- How can I Pay with my Credit Card (instead of PayPal)?
- What’s the license agreement?
Who are your Customers?
Here is a sample list of our customers.
I am here to help you with any questions. You can contact me directly if you need any helping using these templates.
What file formats do the templates work in?
The files work in MS Word 97, 2003, 2007, Office 2010, Office 2016, Windows 7, XP, Vista, and Apple iWork (if you have Word for Mac), and Google Docs.
How do I get my templates?
After you make the payment, you are sent an email. This has a link to a Download Page from where you can save the templates,
Where are my templates?
By default, when you download the files, they are saved to the Download folder on your computer.
What is the refund policy?
We offer a 60 days refund policy.
I have not received my product. Who do I contact?
Please email ivan at klariti.com or info at klariti.com or ivanawalsh at gmail.com. Please include your order number.
Help! I’ve accidentally deleted my templates!
Just drop us a line with the order number. We’ll send it out.
Why does my file say it’s corrupt?
If you open a zip file during the download, it may display an error message that the file is corrupt. What this means is that not all of the file have downloaded and therefore the system thinks its contents are corrupt. Please try to download the file again or contact us for assistance. Email us the receipt number you received from eJunkie and we’ll send you another copy.
How Do I Buy the Templates?
It shows how to order templates, how can you pay (with PayPal or with Credit Cards), and how to download the template.
How do I Download the Templates?
After you buy the order, you’ll get an email with a link to download the templates.
If you have any problem downloading the templates, send me the order number and I will get back to you.
Please allow 12 hours for a response as our time zone may be different than yours.
How do I Pay with my Credit Card (Instead of PayPal)
This page explains how to buy templates using your credit card instead of PayPal.
Note: You do NOT need a PayPal account to place an order. You can pay for your order using your credit or debit card.
How Can I Contact You?
You can contact me at:
- Email: ivan at klariti.com / info at klariti.com / ivanawalsh at gmail.com
- Tel: 00.353.860.886.349
- Facebook / Twitter
As we’re in Europe, there may be a time difference when getting back to you.
Again, if there are any problems, just let me know.