You can use this Risk Management Plan to identify, evaluate and prioritize risks during the software development lifecycle.
Use these templates to:
- Identify and understand the risks to which your project is exposed.
- Create an effective plan to prevent losses or reduce impact.
- Prioritize risks and take the appropriate actions to reduce losses.
- Protect the reputation and public image of your organization.
- Reduce legal liability and increase the stability of operations.
Risk Management Plan Template: Table of Contents
1.5 Risk Management Approach
2 Risk Identification
2.1 Conducting Formal Risk Identification Reviews
2.2 Conducting Informal Risk Identification
2.3 Documenting Risks
2.4 Validating Risks
3 Risks Analysis
3.1 Categorize Risk
3.2 Impact Analysis
3.3 Review Risk v Risk Tolerances
3.4 Review Risk Analysis and Ranking
3.5 Risk Acceptance
3.6 Update Risk Log
4 Risk Response Planning
4.1 Plan Mitigation Activities
4.2 Plan Contingency Activities
4.3 Review Risk Action Plans
4.4 Update Risk Log
5 Risk Plan Implementation
5.1 Monitoring Trigger Events
5.2 Executing Action Plan
5.3 Updating the Risk Log
6 Risk Tracking, Monitoring & Control
6.1 Reporting Risk Status
6.2 Reviewing Changes to Risk Profiles and Action Plans
6.3 Retiring Risks
7 Risk Management Milestones
8 Risk Communications
8.1 Status Meetings
8.2 Lessons Learned
8.3 Escalate Risks
9 Roles and Responsibilities
9.1 Project Office
9.2 Project Sponsor
9.3 Other Participants
10 Contractor’s Role in Risk Management
10.1 Contractor Risk Management Plan
10.2 Contractor Participation in Risk Management
12 Tools, Techniques & Reports
12.1 Risk Management Software
12.2 Risk Management Reports
13 Glossary of Terms
The templates are in Microsoft Word and Excel (.docx/.xlsx).
The template pack includes the following documents:
- 2 x Risk Management Plan templates 24 pages MS Word
- 1 x worksheet Risk Assessment Checklist
- 1 x worksheet Risk Assessment Questionnaire
- 1 x worksheet Risk Log
- 1 x worksheet Risk Register
- 1 x worksheet Risk Response Plan