Ask. That’s it.
If you want more Facebook fans, ask people to connect. But, here’s Catch 22. You have to ask in the right way. Asking strangers doesn’t work. Here’s how I do it.
Facebook: the Quickest Way To Get More Fans
I run twelve Facebook pages and this seems to work best. To get more followers:
- Join groups – with less than 1000 members. More than this and you can’t make an impression.
- Join fan pages – same as above. Choose niche or specialist subjects.
- Contribute – add comments, photos and videos. Stand out from the crowd in a nice way. Don’t be weird!
- Respond – to questions people have. Help others. Do this once a week minimum.
- Suggest – quality links that you find that relate to the group. Share, share, share.
- Off Facebook – talk up your Facebook groups on your blog, LinkedIn (http://www.linkedin.com/in/ivanwalsh) and elsewhere.
Here’s how you ask:
- Open Notepad
- Copy/paste your invite text. Don’t write it from scratch every time. Keep this on your desktop, so you don’t have to go rooting around.
- Choose someone you’ve helped, complimented etc (i.e. they’ll most likely know who you are)
- Click Add as Friend
- Click the Add a Personal Message link.
- Personalize the message, “Hi David, this is Ivan from the Camtasia group, if you’d like to connect, that would be great. Ivan.”
- Click Send Request.
And that’s it
How about you?
What do you do when you want to connect to someone on Facebook? What’s the worst mistake people make? Spelling your name wrong?